Will textbooks be available to rent in the bookstore and on our web site?
What are my options for renting books from the UC San Diego Bookstore?
Why are some books not rentable at the UC San Diego Bookstore?
If I change my mind during the quarter and decide I want to keep my rented textbook, can I buy it?
Can I get a refund on a rented book if I decide I don't want it or if I drop the class?
What is the rental agreement?
By renting materials from the UC San Diego Bookstore YOU agree:
- To check in rented materials to the UC San Diego Bookstore in a sellable condition by the due date.
- If RENTED Materials are not checked in by the return date OR are checked back damaged (in unsellable condition), you will be charged the replacement price of the book (as printed on your receipt at the time of rental), plus an additional $5.00 administrative fee per rental item.
- Sellable condition means all book spines & covers are intact, there is no damage to the materials, all component parts (i.e. CDs, supplemental, etc.) of the Rented Materials are present. However, a reasonable amount of highlighting and writing in the rented book is acceptable
- You are responsible to remember the Rental Return Date.
- You are financially responsible for any loss or theft of Rented Materials.
- There are no discounts on Rented Materials.
- REFUNDS: The UC San Diego Bookstore’s standard refund policies apply. New and used books must be returned in the same condition in which they were rented. Any access codes or other sealed materials must be unused and unopened.
- I understand and agree to these rental terms and refund policy.