Holiday Shipping Deadlines for Online Orders
(These are estimates; on-time delivery is not guaranteed)
To receive by Christmas via FedEx Ground, order by December 13.
To receive by Christmas via FedEx Two Day Air, order by December 16.
To receive by Christmas via FedEx Next Day Air, order by December 19.
Please note that all shippers experience delays during the holidays due to increased volume, weather, and other circumstances. Order early as we cannot guarantee delivery times. Thank you.
Processing & Shipping Information:
- Please keep in mind, the order deadline dates listed are used as a guideline to try to insure delivery and it is not a guarantee of on-time arrival.
Weather conditions may cause delivery delays.
- Due to special shipping requirements for computers and technology products, an additional $10.00 shipping fee will be added to your order.
- An additional $20.00 shipping fee will be added to diploma frame orders during check-out.
Shipping to our Campus Customers:
- The UC San Diego Bookstore has partnered with Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions Logistics to facilitate and streamline all order deliveries at no additional charge. If your delivery requires breakdown or set up during the drop-off, a fee will be added. The Bookstore will provide a quote for this added service. Customers will track order delivery status and access delivery history reports through the Logistics Client Portal (VPN/SSO login required).
- Customers can still choose to pick up completed orders from our web order service window at no extra charge. Please check our current service window hours.
How long will it take to get my order?
WITHIN THE CONTIGUOUS US: you will receive your order within 3-5 business days (after we have processed it) with FedEx Ground shipping, 2-3 business days with FedEx 2-Day, and 1-2 business days with FedEx Overnight.
Please note, FedEx deliveries are not made on Saturdays or Sundays for our packages even if you choose expedited shipping.
Why is there an extra shipping charge for my laptop and/or diploma frame?
We add an additional $10 shipping fee for laptops and $20 for diploma frames to cover insurance costs and to ensure that your order is safe and secure.
Do you ship internationally?
Unfortunately we are not able to ship internationally at this time.
Do you ship to P.O. Boxes?
FedEx deliveries are not made to P.O. Boxes for any of our packages.
Do you ship to dorms?
The UC San Diego Bookstore does not offer delivery to on-campus dorm addresses. Please select In-Store Pickup as your shipping method.
Will my order require a signature upon delivery?
If your order totals more than $100, we require a signature on your delivery to ensure that your order is safe and secure.