Buy-Back: First Week and Finals Week
Textbook Buy-Back is Now Online and In-Person
1. Online Option:
Our bookstore has partnered with MBS Textbook Exchange, the nation’s largest textbook wholesaler, to offer you the best prices for your used books. Just find and add the books you want to sell, print your packing list and the free pre-paid shipping label, then pack and send your books free of charge. It’s that easy. START SELLING NOW.
2. In-Person Option:
Look for the white tent in front of the Bookstore near the Price Center Plaza entrance on the dates and times below.
Here's How Textbook Buy-Back Works:
- We want to buy back as many of your used books as possible. Visit us at the tent in the Price Center West plaza during the dates and times above.
- If your book is being used next quarter on campus and if we need extra copies, you will be offered up to 50% of the NEW book price.
- If your book is not being used again at UC San Diego, but it will be used on other campuses, we may offer to buy it. The price will be determined by national demand and the book's condition.
- Some books that contain valuable information have no market resale value because a new edition is being published, it's a used workbook or study guide, or there is a low national demand for the book.
- We encourage you to start your professional library—keep those valuable books that will serve you in the future. If you will not need a textbook after using it in class, sell it back and get the cash now.
NOTE: If you would like to recycle your books that have no value, you may deposit them in the recycle books box next to the buy-back tent. We ship those books to One Planet Books to recycle or reuse them, minimizing reliance on landfills and other less eco-friendly solutions.